Quick and easy Father’s Day crafts
You’ve still got time to get crafty for Father’s Day. Remember, your kids are really cute (most of the time), so even if dad gets handprints on a large piece of paper or a scribble on the back of a postcard, he is going to be thrilled.
I am planning on making the dad in our life a variation of handprints on a piece of paper. My friend Noodle made a terrific man bag last year with fabric painted handprints of her and her little one. Her dude rides a motorcycle and is big and burly, he can rock that manbag no question.
My man could too, but I want to make sure he uses whatever we make him so I am going for a more envelope style bag. As a musician, he is always carrying around lyrics and music so this a way for him to keep it all organised.
Here are some other DIY Dad Day gifts!
- Bacon chocolate chip cookies, baby! All Dads love bacon. Fact. Check out this easy recipe from Allrecipes.com
- And if not cookies howzabout bacon and egg cupcakes? Absolutely love these from www.thatssomichelle.com
- DIY stepping stones for the garden – this is a great if your man loves his garden. Check out this kids craft how to from www.diylife.com.
- Turn your kid’s drawings into jewelry and cufflinks? GENIUS! I am in love with this idea! www.udoodle.co.uk
- Put a twist on an old favourite! Upcycle a tie into a sunglasses pouch! I found this one at www.familyfun.go.com
Let me know if you are planning a homemade Father’s Day gift, I would love to hear about it!