4 Interesting Nuggets of UsedEverywhere Information
Working at UsedEverywhere for the past year has opened my eyes in a way to the vast scope of the Internet. For many, including myself, it’s the future of newspaper. bWe get up in the morning and surf our favorite websites with a cup of coffee and a bagel, but we don’t necessarily think about all of the other people who are doing the exact same thing. I didn’t at least, until I saw just how many people browse and post ads on our site, and we’re just a small slice of the Internet pie. Below are a few facts about Used.ca in 2010 that I hope will blow your mind to the extent that they did mine, or at least just make you think a little. Enjoy.
4) The top 3 most searched words in 2010 were:
- Free – Everyone likes free stuff and many of you were searching for it. What most people don’t seem to know is that you can see everything that’s listed as “free” on our site with the click of a button. Check out our Advanced Search Options tutorial from way back when.
- iPhone – It’s no surprise that in 2010, the year of the iPhone 4, everyone was out to get a piece of the Apple pie. Our website happened to be a platform for the selling and reselling of the coveted product, which was the second most searched term across Canada and the UK.
- Ps3 – The Playstation 3 was released in 2006 at an incredibly high price-point and with only a small selection of games. It may have had a slow start, but in the last year or two it has gained the traction that it needed to (arguably) outperform its competitors. On our sites at least, the Ps3 is the third most searched word.
3) The Most Viewed ad of the year is:
2) The most expensive car posted in 2010 goes to:
1) The total value of goods sold on Used.ca in 2010 was:
$5,031,628,792 (that’s over 5 billion dollars, didn’t you know)
Have a great weekend everyone!