Help me find my #FureverHome
Each year the BC SPCA, their 490 staff members and almost 4,000 volunteers rescue approximately 45,000 injured, homeless and neglected animals. They reunite around 3,000 lost animals with their owners and find new loving homes for over 15,000 beautiful pets.
Used.ca is proud to now be a small part of this rehoming process, working with animal welfare agencies in BC, Regina and PEI to help them find forever homes for the hundreds of animals that come through their shelters every month.
Provide a #FureverHome
There are so many reasons to choose adoption, here are our top five:
- Save a life – cliche but true, who knows what would happen to abandoned animals without the world of welfare organizations and people like you who choose to adopt
- Help your local shelter – adopting a pet not only helps that animal enter into a loving new home, it also allows the shelter to continue housing other animals in need by freeing up lodging space and other resources. The average annual cost of sheltering a cat or a dog is $784 and $485 respectively. By choosing to rescue an animal, you allow the shelter to use that money to assist more animals
- Knowledge – a shelter will be aware of the temperament of your new pet. They will be able to help you understand if the animal is okay with children, likes to be cuddled or prefers to be left alone. Additionally, most shelter animals will be house trained, which is a further bonus
- Money – most shelters spay and neuter their animal tenants and often perform medical procedures before they are adopted. This saves you money, though often you will be asked for an adoption fee
- Prevent overpopulation – take a look at our animal adoption listings and the stats above. There are thousands of animals in need of new homes; be part of the solution
Our new partnerships allow us to highlight the plight of rescue animals across Canada and help them find their forever homes. You can watch our social channels on Fridays to see just a few of the shelter occupants waiting to be housed or check our rehoming listings to find a pet for your family.