Expert tips for posting an ad on Used.ca
Great! You’ve decided it’s time to sell some of your gently used stuff on Used.ca. Now, let’s make this as quick of a sale as possible. Here are a few tricks used by the pros at Used.ca to get buyers lining up for your items. This article will outline how to best choose a title and description for your goods, for help in taking photos, check out this article.
Here are our top tips for describing your item:
- Ads should be short and interesting
- Think SEO when creating your title: use keywords that people may be searching, don’t get too descriptive or creative here
- Tell people why you’re selling the item, i.e. “We forgot to return this in time.”
- What condition is the item in? Brand new, gently used, excellent, showing its age, etc.
- Don’t forget measurements
- Mention the materials (wood, plastic, metal etc)
- Remember that transactions are done in cash, so prices that end in zero are easiest: $20, $50, $100, etc. Buyers will usually want to haggle the price so leave room in your pricing to lower it slightly but still get the amount you want.
These simple tips can make a big difference when posting on your local Used.ca site. Happy buying and selling!