DIY pine cone wreath alternative
I’ve always loved pine cone crafts and decided to take my collection of pine cones and make something new. This time, a nice door hanging.
Dressing a door with pine cones isn’t anything new, but I’ve only used wreaths for my door. A decorative hanging, well, this is a whole new level.
The truth is, it’s simple, easy and fun. Here are instructions for a DIY pine cone wreath alternative.
Here is what you need
- Pine cones
- Spray paint
- Glue gun and glue
Here is what you do
(This is the great part, because you can pretty much guess what to do.)
- Spray paint dry pine cones with desired colours/shades (I did some glossy so the natural colour would shine through) in a covered well-ventilated area on a drop cloth or towel
- Allow paint to dry according to the instructions
- Heat up glue gun and affix ribbons to bottom of pine cones
- Once glue is dry arrange pine cones into decorative hanging until satisfied
- Affix ribbons with a knot and hang
This project really is as simple as it sounds. I hope you can have fun creating your own winter-themed projects with items you have around your house and yard. And if you need further inspiration take a turn around Pinterest or the craft category of your local Used.ca site. Pine cones are all the rage right now!