Used.ca is looking for an ambitious Account Representative to join our team in beautiful Victoria, BC!
“After graduating from the University of Victoria’s Gustavson School of Business, where I specialized in entrepreneurship, I was eager to start a professional career in the tech industry where I could grow my network and start making “big kid” money. I was fortunate to stumble across the account representative position posted on UsedVictoria.com. How cool is it to work with the very same company I have been buying and selling with since high school?!
The position offered me an attractive salary with a stable and generous base, plus the opportunity to make substantially more with commissions. I managed to grow my book of clients significantly over my three years with Used.ca.
I love the unique, diverse, and inclusive culture in the office. The core values of transparency and growth really resonate with me. I’m going to miss playing foosball, the board games and puzzles, as well as all our team social hangs and of course – the free tickets to events we sponsor. I have gained confidence communicating with business leaders which is a vital skill to have as I take the next step in my career.” – Patrick Piekarz, Account Representative
Why we love working here
We proudly make meaningful contributions to our communities.
Used.ca has invested over $5 million promoting local events, charities and nonprofit organizations over the last ten years, while partnering with more than 200 organizations annually to share their message.
We actively participate in events like the Earth Day clean-up, Victoria Pride Festival and Festival of Trees.
Our team hosts six annual bottle drives to raise much-needed funds for local charities like the Victoria Humane Society, Island Prostate Centre and BC Children’s Hospital Foundation.
We get awesome perks like tickets to food festivals, arts events, symphony performances, music festivals, wine tastings…and the list goes on!
We have a modern open-concept kitchen, foosball, sitting lounge complete with a retro NES, and, of course, friendly co-workers to enjoy it all with!
We take pride in our work, and enjoy the benefits of working with a team that values transparency, integrity, growth and positivity!
What will you be doing?
- Selling digital marketing campaigns to local businesses
- Managing existing clients and meeting with them regularly
- Actively prospecting for new leads
- Preparing sales decks and pitches
- Working with our art director to design client advertising creatives
- Providing clients with performance reports
- Working collaboratively with clients to optimize campaigns
What are we looking for?
- A person with a passion for sales and an entrepreneurial spirit
- A motivated self-starter
- Three years or more in a sales role, preferably B2B
- Top-notch customer service skills
- A problem solver
- Ability to develop and maintain exceptional relationships with new and existing customers
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with digital advertising and marketing
- Experience with CRMs (we use GreenRope)
- Foosball experience, but we are willing to train
What do we offer?
- $44k/year base salary, plus uncapped commissions (8% on sales, exceed target by 10% and receiving 10% on sales)
- A book of current client accounts to get you started
- Full health and dental benefits after three months
- Defined contribution pension plan with matching employer contributions (after three months)
- Parking (in downtown Victoria!)
We are committed to being a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work.
Even if you don’t have all the experience, but you share our values of – transparency, integrity, positivity and growth – send us an application!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Careers@Used.ca. We look forward to hearing from you