Canadian-owned and operated, Used.ca has exciting things planned going into 2019 and are looking to expand our awesome development team with aUI/UX Designer.
Why we love working here
We proudly make meaningful contributions to our communities. We actively participate in and sponsor a variety of local events including Rifflandia, Rock the Shores, HarbourCats’ Family Game Day, Social Media Camp, SunFest, UrbaCity Challenge and many more! Our office includes a modern open-concept kitchen, sitting lounge complete with a retro NES, foosball room and, of course, friendly co-workers to enjoy it all with!
Take pride in your work, and enjoy the benefits of working with a team that values integrity, growth and positivity!
Reports to: Head of Development
The UI/UX Designer role will take on the responsibility of designing and iterating on many of the digital products for the Used.ca platform. As a key member of the team, you will be involved with all phases of the projects that we work on – including the early prototype phase, all the way through to production deployment. Ideally, you are experienced in designing and developing wireframes, UX flow and content related to both mobile and desktop platforms using a Responsive Design approach.
- Participate in team-oriented product development, and identifying and incorporating input from many stakeholders
- Work with the team to produce modern and consistent UI and UX visual designs that can be easily transitioned to implementation
- Take pride in ownership of the overall design and user experience of the suite of Used.ca products including web and iOS & Android applications
- Partake in the agile development process, making sure that the most modern design principles are incorporated into each product
- Can work independently without direct guidance using Adobe Creative Suite and/or Sketch
- B.Sc. or Diploma in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, UX, or related discipline or proven work experience as a UX Designer or similar role
- Proven experience in success Mobile and Web design projects
- Can demonstrate past deliverables using Responsive Design
- Experience with a plethora of tool sets including, but not limited to Adobe CS, Sketch, Lucidchart, and Balsamic
Great to have experience with:
- A Scrum-based development team
- Ability to gather and decipher input from many stakeholders
- A mobile-first focus
Please send your resume and cover letter to Careers@Used.ca. Use the subject: Used.ca UI/UX Designer in your email.