For the past several months, our beta site has been running parallel to our legacy site on UsedVictoria.com. We are excited to announce that beginning on Wednesday, May 12, 2021, and ending on May 19, 2021, we will be fully transitioning our legacy sites to the new and more modern beta version permanently.
Here’s what you need to know
In the coming weeks, we will be transitioning users of UsedVictoria.com in phases to the new platform. All users will need to have a username (account) registered in our system.
If you already have a username (account) registered in our system on any of our city sites, there is nothing else that you need to do but enjoy the new site! Your same login information will work on all of our city site regions.
If you choose not to register a username, any active ads outside of an account will not be renewable once they expire. You will need to re-post any ads that have been placed outside of an account.
We strongly encourage you to register for an account right away if you haven’t done so yet. Registering a username in our system will automatically link your active ads to your new account if the email address on your ads matches the email used to set up the account; this should allow for a seamless transition with our new sites.
How to sign up for an account on Used.ca
- Go to UsedVictoria.com (or any of our city sites) and click ‘Sign Up’ located on the top-right hand side of the page.
- Enter your email address and a password of your choice and select ‘Submit’. You will use this information to sign in later, so write it down somewhere safe!
- You should receive a confirmation email from us letting you know that your account creation was successful. Follow the instructions in the email to validate your account.
- Next, click on ‘Login’ located on the top-right hand side of the page, then enter your email address and password and select ‘Sign In’.
- After successfully signing in, you can go to your ‘Settings’ page found under ‘Profile’ and make changes to your username and email, as well as add optional information such as your name, profile picture, and phone number.
- That’s it. Happy buying & selling!
Further instructions for how to create an account can be found under the Registering for an account tab located here on our Help page.
The reason for the change
The new sites are mobile-responsive, more secure, and allow our developers to make fixes and site upgrades significantly faster. The code is also more modern than our legacy sites which means that bugs should occur less frequently. Plus, signing up for an account gives our users access to more awesome features:
- Manage all of your ads easily from your dashboard – quickly view all your active, sold, and expired ads in one place
- Sign up for email alerts – whether you’re looking for a hot ticket item or don’t want to miss a single update, set customizable alerts that will go directly to your email
- Edit your user profile – let buyers and sellers know who you are with an entirely optional profile photo, description and contact information
- Favourite more than 25 items – keep as many favourites as you like and access them on any device.
The only informational difference for our users on the new sites is that they will be required to have a username registered which can be made anonymous (e.g. user1348656). We have always required an email address and a password for ads to be placed anonymously on our sites, so the only real difference is that users will need to register for a username.
If you have any questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our user experience team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for thinking Used first!