Rotary Club Golf Tournament Fundraiser
The Rotary Club of South Cowichan (see the nice looking gentlemen below) are asking for your support of several community projects in the Cowichan Valley, and all you have to do is play golf!
On Friday, September 24, 2010, they will be hosting the 16th annual South Cowichan Scramble at Cowichan Golf & Country Club. It’s the club’s major fundraiser of the year, attracting over 150 supporters for a day of golf, dinner, and an auction. Here are some examples of what they’ve done with funds raised in the past:
1. Reclaimed Cairn Park in Shawnigan Lake.
2. Assisted with the renovations of the Cenotaph in Cobble Hill town centre.
3. Helped build & fund the Aros Road trail – Hammond Way – in Satellite Park.
4. Built the South Cowichan food bank, and provided them with ongoing annual funding.
5. Constructed the children’s park at Kerry Park and helped to fund the skateboard park.
6. Supported the Hospice Society by paying their mortgage for a year, and providing regular annual donations.
7. Supported the Cowichan Hospital Foundation, CrimeStoppers, Community Kitchens, the Salvation Army Kettle Bell, MS Society and Adopt a Highway.
8. Helped to fund the new sports court at Frances Kelsey school as well as a new fitness trail.
9. Helped to build and fund the South Cowichan Dog Park.
10. Worked on building the Trans Canada Trail from Sooke Lake Road to Kinsol Trestle and built the Magee Creek Bridge on the Trail.
Check out the South Cowichan Scramble brochure or contact Clyde Oglivie, Chair of the Golf Organizing Committee, for more information. There are opportunities to register a foursome and play, sponsor a hole, donate a non-perishable item to their ‘Taste of the Valley’ raffle or participate as a dinner/auction guest.
Best of luck Rotary, and thanks for posing with our UsedCowichan.com bags!