COVID-19 policies and precautions
We recognize that the financial impact of COVID-19 means that many people may need to find ways to both save money by purchasing secondhand items or to earn extra income by selling gently used items.
We encourage users to buy essential items at this time and self-isolate as much as possible.
Please take the following precautions if you are buying or selling on one of our city sites.
COVID-19 Posting Policy
In light of growing concerns regarding COVID-19, Used.ca will not be allowing ads that price gouge in an attempt to profit on this virus. We reserve the right to remove items including, but not limited to, face masks, disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper.
Furthermore, Used.ca does not tolerate false claims made about COVID-19. Any ads that make scientifically unsupported claims concerning treatment or prevention of the virus will be removed with or without warning.
Social distancing and contactless exchange
Please take all necessary precautions to observe social distancing during transactions by using a contactless exchange. You can do this by:
- leaving items outside your door
- placing items directly into the trunk of a buyer’s car
- leaving payment in mailboxes or an agreed-upon location
- using e-transfer to avoid handling cash, but make sure that you have viewed the item before sending payment
Both the buyer and the seller need to take great care in exchanging items including:
- cleaning and sanitizing items with disinfectant wipes or spray
- quarantining the item in your car or outside for a few days after the exchange
Other preventative practices
Lastly, we want users to follow all preventive practices as recommended by government health officials.