Help with Classifieds
Help With Classifieds
Placing Your Ad
When you click the “Place An Ad” button on our site a pop-up window will appear on your screen!
- The first step will be for you to choose photos to have displayed on your ad. You have the option of uploading them from your computer/device or dragging and dropping them into the window from the location of your choice. The thumbnail versions of your photos will appear when they have successfully loaded. These thumbnails are what your photos will look like once your ad is posted so make sure they are rotated and cropped the way you want them to be! **Tips and Tricks: Potential buyers shop with their eyes first! Make sure you take a minute to showcase your item! Dust it off, put it out in the sunshine, make it look it’s best!
- Once you have uploaded all the photos you would like included click the “Next” button! You’re now ready to start filling in the details of your ad! Please make sure you put the appropriate information into all of the mandatory fields (with the “*” next to them!). **Tips and Tricks: Make sure to include details and interesting information about your item to catch user’s attention! Add measurements and dimensions of things and any history of an item!
- Once you’ve completed all the information you need, click the “Next” button! This next screen you will choose the category that works for your item! We have tons to choose from! **Tips and Tricks: Don’t just place your ad in the general category. Instead, make sure you put it in the most specific subcategory you can! For example, if you’re selling your 2007 Honda Civic, don’t just stick your ad in the main “Automobiles”, make sure you get right into “Automobiles>Cars>Passenger Cars” so that it gets the most views possible!
- Once you’ve picked the best spot for your ad click the “Save Category” button!
Congrats! You’re all finished! If everything processes properly you will see a confirmation page letting you
know that it will take up to 15 minutes to see your ad live on our site!
How to find an item
Searching The Site:
There are a few different ways to navigate our Classifieds powered by Used.ca!
- At the top of the page in the centre you will see a “Search” bar that you can enter keywords into. This will search the entire site, including titles and descriptions of all ads. You can narrow your keyword search by choosing a different option from the dropdown located next to the keyword field.
- If you are just interested in browsing general items, you can simply begin viewing our “All Items” area, which should be the page you are automatically directed to when you access our site! You can also access our simple filter options at the top right of the posting screen, which will give you the ability to change the price range of all items and/or filter to just “Free” items.
- If you are interested in something more specific you can take a look at all of our categories, which are listed along the right side of the screen. When you click on one of the categories it will open a drop-down that with all of the subcategory options! You can choose one of the subcategories or simply select “All” to be able to view everything in the parent category.
- After you have selected the category/subcategory you are interested in you will have filter options at the top of the screen that pertains to this category. For example, if you are browsing the Automobiles & Other Vehicles>Cars subcategory you will see options for things such as make and model; whereas if you are in the category of Real Estate & Businesses>Rentals you will see options for how many bedrooms you would like and if pets are allowed.
Searching The Mobile Site:
- At the very top of the screen, you will see a “Search” bar, which you can enter a keyword into. This keyword will search all titles and descriptions within the chosen parameters. That means you can search the whole site for your keywords, or narrow it down to a certain category.
- If you want to search a specific category/subcategory you will simply have to click the “Category” field just below the keyword search. This will open up the options you have to narrow your category search. When you are happy with the category you will click “Refine Search” and it will redirect you to the area of your choosing.
- Once you are in the area you would like to browse you may want to use the filter options built into that category. You will find these options right above the first listing. When you click this area it will give you all the options for the category/subcategory that you are in. For example, if you are browsing the Automobiles & Other Vehicles>Cars subcategory you will see options for things such as make and model; whereas if you are in the category of Real Estate & Businesses>Rentals you will see options for how many bedrooms you would like and if pets are allowed. You’ll then click the “Refine Results” button at the bottom.