We allow one ad per item or service per city site which is active for 30 days.
Posting by minors under the age of 16 is not allowed. Minors must have their guardian post content on their
behalf and the guardian must act as the primary contact.
We reserve the right to remove any ads that we feel are not relevant or of any value to our users, with or without notice.
We reserve the right to restrict the use of The Classifieds powered by Used.ca from those who regularly break our Posting Policy.
You are responsible for marking your ad as “sold” immediately upon the sale of the item advertised. Instructions on how to mark your ad as sold are found on the Help With Classifieds page.
Further, you agree to not:
- Place multiple ads for the same item or service on the same city site
- Place multiple ads in both English and French (ad should be bilingual)
- Delete content of the ad once sold
- Post ads for Services in any of the categories meant for items for sale
- Promote bidding of an item through a competitive website
- Post the same item or service in such a way as to monopolize the Latest Ads list
- Post an ad that defames an individual or business
- Post items or services listed in our Prohibited Items and Services Policy
- Post copyrighted content (i.e. photos) or sell copyright material unless you have the copyright owner’s
- Post website links in your ad to affiliate programs
- Post items for sale that are not located in CANADA
- Post ads for goods you know to have been stolen
- Fill in the email address field with a fake email address
- Answer untruthfully when prompted for “Is this item new?”, “Are you a commercial seller?” and when asked to
specify your location
- Engage in keyword spamming
- Solicit sellers to promote a commercial business
In addition to these general rules, below are some specific category and type of advertiser rules that you need to be aware of. These will help you understand what rules apply to your ad.