Canadian-owned and operated, Used.ca has exciting things planned for the rest of 2019 and are looking to expand our awesome development team with a Junior Software Developer!
Why we love working here
We proudly make meaningful contributions to our communities. We actively participate in and sponsor a variety of local events including Laketown Shakedown, HarbourCats’ Family Game Day, Social Media Camp, SunFest, UrbaCity Challenge and many more! Our office includes a modern open-concept kitchen, sitting lounge complete with a retro NES, foosball room and, of course, friendly co-workers to enjoy it all with!
Take pride in your work, and enjoy the benefits of working with a team that values integrity, growth and positivity!
Junior Software Developer
Reports to: Head of Development
As part of the Development Team, our Junior Software Developer is responsible for developing a software product that delivers exceptional business value to our organization. We leverage the scrum development process and the best of modern lean and Agile Development practices. As a developer, you will have a broad range of both technical and non-technical skills, as each team member is responsible for many aspects of our product offerings. This role will requirement involvement in many parts of the development process, including architecture and UI design, development/testing, as well as delivery and infrastructure management. In addition to these technical skills, communication and team skills are mandatory, as the developers work closely with customer support, sales and marketing in supporting and monetizing our product.
This role is ideal for a developer who is passionate about a wide array of technologies; is not afraid to try new things and learn from mistakes. We’re looking for someone with a strong technical foundation and a willingness to learn through a strong team environment. A working knowledge of modern development processes is also critical including Agile Development (scrum), modern Design Patterns, and Test Driven Development.
- Develop software of the highest quality in a number of platforms. , environments and languages including:
- Native Mobile App Development:
- iOS: Xcode, Swift, Objective-C, Cocapods
- Android: Android Studio, Java, Gradle
- Server Development: Nginx, Python, Django, REST API
- Database Development: Postgres, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Participate and take ownership of tasks in the scrum process, by focusing on improvements to the software through design, development, review, test and delivery
- Assist in improving the overall architecture and infrastructure of our product offerings by providing input on design and development on future products
- Communicate within the scrum development team, as well as assist in supporting marketing, sales, and support
- Contribute to design projects using familiar and modern patterns such as Material Design
- Communication skills – the ability to effectively communicate to others is critical on any development team. Includes both oral and written communication
- Real technical ability – a thorough grasp of relevant technologies to develop the best product possible
- A champion of quality – promote the adoption of modern quality management including automation
- Adaptable – responsive to changing priorities and immediate business needs
- Ability to remain friendly and positive under pressure
- B.Sc. or Diploma in Computer Science / Engineering / Systems Technology or equivalent
- One to two years of experience as a developer in web application development
- Participation on an Agile Development team
Great to have:
- Strong experience in any of the following: Python/Django, Xamarin, and REST APIs
- Knowledge of and experience using Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence)
- Experience with developing high traffic software or large user bases
- Experience utilizing cloud technology services for product support and delivery
- An understanding of web-based e-commerce, including credit card processing and payment providers
- An understanding of web-based advertising, affiliate programs, AdWords, AdSense, DFP, SEO and analytics
Please send your cover letter and resume to Careers@Used.ca